Go from Beginner to Expert.
We offer classes for all abilities.
Don’t worry. We will help you find the right classes. We have classes for people with no previous experience, as well as students with advanced English language abilities. We will help you find the right place to start, and can guide you to becoming proficient in English.
Our English Language Testing Center uses the Michigan English Placement Test (EPT) to match students with the right classes. Our goal is to find you a class that is just right — engaging but not overwhelming.
Our classes are designed to meet our students’ needs. We have flexible class schedules with morning and evening options to fit our student’s schedules, as well as affordable monthly tuition. As a non-profit, we work hard to make quality English language education accessible to as many people as possible.Enroll
English Language Acquisition (ELA) Classes
In all of our ELA classes, you will focus on grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking English through content-based lessons. Your teacher will also target vocabulary and pronunciation to help you become more fluent in English.
Beginner English Language Acquisition.
Our Level 1 and 2 classes are for students with little to no English language proficiency. In these classes you will learn English for everyday situations, such as ordering food at a restaurant or asking for directions.
Once you complete Levels 1 and 2, you will be ready to expand your skills in our Intermediate class. In these levels you will learn topics and skills for social and academic purposes.
Requirements for Beginner classes: Level 1 or 2 on the EPT.Meet Our Teachers
Intermediate English Language Acquisition.
Expanding Your Skills.
Our Level 3 and 4 classes are for students with an intermediate level of English. The classes focus on topics and skills essential for social and academic purposes.
Once you complete Levels 3 and 4, you can move forward to Advanced classes.
Requirements for Intermediate classes: Level 3 or 4 on the EPT.Learn about our Accreditation
Advanced English Language Acquisition.
Our Level 5 and 6 classes are designed for students with advanced English proficiency. These classes will challenge you and help prepare you for your academic and career goals.
Requirements for Advanced classes: Level 5 or 6 on the EPT.View Schedules and Tuition
Prepare for What Comes Next.
We offer additional advanced classes to prepare you for the next step in your career. These classes give you opportunities to practice English in context.
- University Preparation. Learn study skills, practice writing research papers, give presentations, improve your vocabulary and get ready for university.
- TOEFL Preparation. Learn the skills and strategies for passing each of the four sections of the TOEFL test: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening.
- Business English. Practice English and learn how to write a resumé, interview, negotiate, run meetings and make professional presentations.
- Communication in the Modern World. Study communication, social media, community issues, and global policies. Then share your ideas by writing and speaking in English.
- American Culture and Conversation. Expand your cultural knowledge about lifestyles, food, dialects, nature, and unique aspects of regions in the United States.