Welcome to NAC, Channing McAdams!
Meet our newest ELA teacher at New America College, Ms. Channing McAdams!
Where are you from?
- I am from Tulsa, Oklahoma born and raised. I received my B.A. in Spanish and my M.A. in TESOL from the University of Oklahoma.
How long have you been teaching English?
- I have been an ELA teacher for 3.5 years.
Have you ever taught abroad? If so, where?
- I have never taught abroad, but I studied abroad in Seville, Spain for one semester during my junior year at the University of Oklahoma.
What is your favorite thing about teaching English?
- Learning languages has always been a passion of mine, so teaching language became a natural next step for me. I enjoy all aspects of teaching, especially grammar and pronunciation. Teaching English as a second language is unique in that I get to work with students from all over the world. I love learning about my students backgrounds and cultures and comparing them to my own life experiences. Also, I genuinely enjoy helping people, and I have found that teaching English is my unique way of helping people reach their goals in life.
What’s your favorite food?
- I love all Mexican food! My favorite dish is tacos al pastor.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- I love listening to rap music, watching movies, and studying languages in my free time. (Spanish and German)
Do you have a favorite idiom?
- “Go with the flow”
Tell us a fun fact about you!
- I used to be a cheerleader and actually coached cheerleading for five years!